Historic Campaign Exceeds Goal
It’s no surprise that “forward” is at the heart of our alma mater. Since 1893, Baylor has led the way in preparing students to achieve extraordinary things in their careers, their communities, and their lives.
On March 9, 2019, Headmaster Scott Wilson ’75 and Campaign Chairman Zan Guerry ’67 announced that Baylor exceeded the Forever Forward campaign goal of $50 million dollars to raise a total of $52.3 million.
Thanks to the generosity of more than 5,500 alumni, parents, friends, faculty, and others in the Baylor community, we can now see the many tangible accomplishments from this historic campaign. It’s harder to measure the impact that the $52.3 million raised in the campaign will have on future generations, but we celebrate the fact that the school is in a better position than ever before to keep Baylor moving forward for the next 125 years.
the new scotty probasco academic center is the spacious new home for upper school humanities classes and the learning center. the building features wide hallways and spacious common areas and balconies designed to encourage students and faculty to interact.
免费足球直播the new bullard family quadrangle, guerry dining hall renovation, and dorm improvements transformed the heart of campus while building community and enhancing boarding life.
免费足球直播a strong and growing endowment helps support operations that would otherwise be covered by tuition increases – keeping baylor in the lead among peer institutions.
WHAT THE Forever forward CAMPAIGN ACCOMPLISHED
- 2013 - The Forever Forward Campaign leadership committee is created and Zan Guerry '67 is tapped as Campaign Chairman.
- August 2015 - Guerry Dining Hall renovations are completed with an improved serving area, modernized kitchen, and remodeled main dining area.
- August 2015 - In addition to interior improvements to the dining hall, an outdoor dining deck is added and critical infrastructure improvements are made on the hill.
- August 2015 - Improvements are also made to Lowrance, Lupton, and Hunter Hall dormitories.
- May 2016 - Baylor celebrates 100 Years on The Hill with a gala event in Lupton Circle and the newly renovated Guerry Dining Hall.
- March 2017 - The advanced gift stage for Forever Forward raises more than $33 million toward a campaign goal of $50 million.
- March 2017 - Kickoff of the public phase of the Forever Forward Campaign is announced at Baylor's Celebrations biennial auction.
- July 5, 2017 - Demolition of Trustee Hall takes place to make room for the new Scotty Probasco Academic Center.
- Sept. 20, 2017 - Members of the Probasco family and the Board of Trustees gather for ceremonial groundbreaking in honor of Scotty Probasco ’46.
- The new $14 million Scotty Probasco Academic Center is dedicated on Sept. 19, 2018 in honor of the late trustee emeritus Scotty Probasco ’46, whose steadfast devotion to his alma mater was expressed through many years of service and philanthropy.
- The $1.1 million renovation of the beautifully landscaped Bullard Family Quadrangle is dedicated on Sept. 19, 2018. The quad’s surface had been asphalt since construction of Trustee Hall created the space in 1937.
- The Forever Forward Campaign draws to an official close at the biennial Celebrations auction on March 9, 2019. More than 5,500 total donors exceeded the $50 million campaign goal to raise an historic $52.3 million for Baylor.
Elisabeth Lau ’21
“As a boarder, it is unlikely that I would go a day without crossing the quad. When we heard about the plans for the quad, my friends and I were elated and excited about the prospect of such a beautiful addition to campus. It really feels like the heart of campus now.”
Ridley Browder '20
“I think the Forever Forward campaign really shows how important it is that we keep ourselves at our best and do everything that we can to strive for more.”
Brinley Garrison ’19
Keep Baylor Moving Forever Forward!
“Baylor relies on tuition, The Baylor Fund, and other annual sources of revenue to cover immediate needs, but the endowment is the foundation of financial stability because each endowment gift is invested to generate growth and income.” Matt Lewis ’74免费足球直播, Director of Institutional Advancement.
In addition to The Baylor Fund, one of the greatest tools for increasing the endowment is through estate planning. Baylor’s Great Work! Society recognizes those who remember Baylor in their long-term estate plans. We thank you for exploring more about these options and greatly appreciate your continued support.
Continued Support for Baylor
Special Thanks to the Campaign's Leadership Team!
CAMPAIGN LEADERSHIP COMMITTEE
Zan Guerry ‘67, Chairman
Herb Barks, Jr. ‘51, Vice-Chair
Chris Crimmins ‘80, Vice-Chair
Ashley McMahon ‘88, Vice-Chair
Ben Probasco ‘78, Vice-Chair
Scott Wilson ‘75, President & Headmaster
Alexis Bogo ‘89
Bob Bullard ‘81
Ryan Crimmins ‘78
Sam Holmes ‘83
Randy James ‘67
Billy Oehmig ’67
Dan Pride ‘87
Scott Probasco ‘73
Clay Crumbliss '76, Co-Chair
Miles Marks '86, Co-Chair
Billy Aiken '68
Freddie Akers '72
John Best '83
Matthew Brock '91
Happy Dicks '65
Lee Dyer '77
Comer Hobbs ’58
Davey Horsman '96
Christie Dillard Horsman ‘97
Jay Jolley ‘90
John Reid ’87
Dale Tuder ‘93
Clay Young '89
Paige and Charles McBrayer, Co-chairs
Carla and Bubba Morgan, Co-chairs
Lisa and David Adair
Alison Edgmon Cromie ’90 and Marc Cromie
Sam and Jimmy Hudson '75
Mike and Nan Jenne
Mary and Bill Kilbride
Marla and Andy McDaniel '94
Pam and Rick McKenney
Jason and Jamie Rehm